Holey-Moley Post Hole Digger – Shop-Vac Assisted
The Holey-Moley Post Hole Digger is another Holey-Moley Shop-Vac assisted digging tool. This Digger operates with most standard shop vacuums. The Digger easily bores precision holes to depths of 4.5 feet deep. Depths of 20 feet are attainable with vacuum extension tubes. Digger heads for 4, 5-and 6-inch diameters are available.
The shop vacuum assisted digger will rapidly dig deep, straight, uniform holes. It will dig at a rate of 2 to 15 inches a minute depending on your soil type and hole diameter.
Fence Post Hole Digger Method of Operation
The Fence Post Hole Digger is a vacuum assisted, manually operated hole-boring tool. It operates in loose to hard packed soils. This tool works well in soils with gravel or small rocks and in hardpan. in addition to hard packed clay soils, loose soils and soils with up to 50% moisture are easy to penetrate. This digger is not recommended for wet soils or wet clay. Digger operation requires an easy back-and-forth rotational movement of 60 to 75 degrees to loosen the soil. Your shop vacuum does the hard work. The vacuum removes the soil from the hole while digging. The vacuum also works well for cleaning up the bottom of the hole when digging is complete.
- Works well in dry soils, soils with gravel and soils with some moisture.
- Does not work well in wet ground or wet clay.
- Components are complete, ready to use
- Digs holes up to 54 inches deep
- Available in 4-inch, 5-inch, and 6-inch – 4-½ inch no longer available
- Use 4-inch for round posts
- Use 5-inch for 4×4 posts to get a tight fit, no concrete required
- Use 6-inch for 4 x 4 posts with concrete
- Works with Shop Vacuums (recommended 12 amps, 180 to 200 CFM, typically sold as 6.5HP)
- We recommend that you use your own shop vacuum first before buying a new one.
- Uses a 2-½” vacuum hose, standard with most large shop vacuum.
- Works well with our Portable Engine Driven Shop Vacuum System (HVS). Comes with 7 feet of 2-½” hos.
- Caution: This digger will cut through electrical conduit, metal water pipes, PVC pipes, and communication cables. Call 811 in your state first before digging.
Quick Change Heads
The Holey-Moley Post Hole Digger Quick Change Head design allows for easy change-out of different heads. As a result, with just two bolts a Post Hole Digger can change from a 4 inch digger to a 5-inch or 6 inch digger.
There is a whole family of Quick Change Heads including Post Hole Diggers, Core Diggers, and Reamers. You can save a lot by purchasing one digger assembly and then just buy the quick change heads for your other hole digging needs.
The Digger heads and saw blades have been designed to be replaceable. The 4-inch, 5-inch, and 6-inch digger heads are also interchangeable. Especially relevant is the blades attach to the standard lower vacuum tube universal adapter with 4 bolts. These are shown in the gallery photos.
The easily assembled parts when hooked up to a standard shop vacuum cleaner become a robust, simple to use, hole-boring machine. When finished the digger will look like the fully assembled digger in the product gallery. You will need a Shop Vacuum described in our section on Selecting a Shop Vacuum. We also have a blog on Digging Holes With A Shop Vac.
Vacuum Extension Tubes
Vacuum Tube Extensions are also available in 28″ lengths. The extensions can be used to extend digging depths to more than 15 feet.
If you need to operate in a remote area without electricity, we offer a Portable Engine Driven Shop Vacuum System. This system is especially relevant because of its light weight and because it ail run all day on one tank of gas. In addition, the Fence Post Hole Digger works exceptionally well with the Portable Engine Driven Shop Vacuum System, because no other tools are required.
Need a Larger Diameter Hole?
We will soon have reamers for 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch diameter holes. Please call for information. 702-533-4363.
For More Information
See our videos page for more information on our other products.
Our distributor Keene Engineering , manufacturer of gold dredging equipment, in Chatsworth, CA is now carrying some of our products.
For more information give us a call or send us an email. We are here to help.